Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Model Risk Management is forming a group to use Advanced Analytics and Data Science techniques to establish an efficient, integrated approach to managing risks associated with model development, implementation, and use, better connecting Chief Risk Office Model Risk Management staff activities with those of model owners. An innovative leader is needed to build out the team, software code base, and management processes for strategic use of information for model risk management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish the department-level Information Architecture, embracing new opportunities to build out Amazon Cloud and open-source software components
- Re-engineer the automation of department-level information management tasks, going beyond the use of the Model Inventory and Issues Management systems-of-record to begin automating various aspects of the Validation Report production process
- Enhance the delivery of useful information to those who need it to manage model risks
- Use Advanced Analytics and Data Science techniques to efficiently execute automated information governance tasks.
- Lead implementation of financial models, cash flow simulations, P&L and risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management. Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Apply expertise in translating complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code.
- Provide leadership in design and execution of test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
- Link company's strategic objectives and business context to implementation of modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud.
- Develop strategies to ensure system requirements for model and analytical applications are met with appropriate technology platforms and architecture designs for robust and scalable execution.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner both verbally and in writing. Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Effectively lead a team to drive multiple projects by providing thought leadership and working closely with highly specialized subject matter experts across lines of business. Recruit and retain talent; coach and develop team members. Build relationships across the organization by partnering with peers and senior leaders throughout the company.
Education Level Required
Education Level Preferred
Masters, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
5+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance or a related discipline preferred.
• Strong programming experience preferably to include Open Source languages such as Python and R and familiarity with tools available in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
• Knowledge of Machine Learning modeling techniques, particularly as applied to Natural Language Processing and content analytics, preferred
• Experience using graph databases and queries to establish a Knowledge Base and execute intelligent internal search preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58393