Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Utilize broad expertise of corporate governance and compliance in leading and performing assignments related to planning, directing, and/ or executing procedures by the organization to comply with the company’s Management-Level Governance framework, which is comprised of the following elements: Management-Level Committees; Delegations of Authority; and Policies, Standards and Procedures. Develop procedures or business processes that are compliant and instruct managers in their use. Conduct compliance reviews and analyses and report findings to responsible corporate management. Develop reports for stakeholders. Interact with regulators in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulatory oversight.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans to support the Management-Level Governance team’s compliance oversight activities, which include review of transactions, reporting, recordkeeping, and communications that are subject to the Management-Level Governance framework. Recommend optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
- Act as internal consultant for the Management-Level Governance team and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
- Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future reporting and compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, test and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver training to staff.
- Lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert and to ensure that pertinent concerns are addressed in the project's outcomes.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the Policy module of the company’s GRC tool; providing training and advice to stakeholders and recommending system enhancements to facilitate compliance with the Management-Level Governance framework.
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- BA or BS in accounting, finance, business or other related discipline.
- 6+ years of recent corporate governance, compliance, internal audit, or public accounting experience.
- Significant experience in establishing and/or assessing corporate governance framework and practices, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications, across all business lines and with all levels of management.
- Experience managing complex projects independently and recognizing when to escalate issues.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58390