Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Under limited supervision, operate within the Tax function in performing duties related to estimating and reporting corporate tax liability across the entire firm, for multiple business areas, or for a specific business. Assist in developing and implementing effective tax strategies. Conduct tax research and analyses requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax provisions with sufficient documentation and referencing. Assist in preparing tax reserves.
- Evaluate projected and actual after-tax returns.
- Monitor and reply to Tax Department correspondence. Assist with IRS audits by reviewing and investigating compliance issues. Prepare, deliver, and track document requests from IRS.
- Analyze system and data sources to improve processes and increase efficiencies. Monitor effectiveness.
- May perform less complex tax projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Tax accounting knowledge desirable.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly with minimum supervision.
- Strong knowledge of debit and credits.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of management and including peers.
- Desire to grow in role, improve current tax processes, and continually increase knowledge of business.
- Demonstrate full ownership of deliverables.
- Willingness and eagerness to perform all tasks even those that may be considered routine.
Req ID: 58379