Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Participate in the execution of procurement activities of moderate value/risk in support of multiple business units. Procures basic goods and services, obtains quotations, develops proposals and/or negotiates contracts of moderate value/risk. Fannie Mae's primary interface with suppliers on issues that affect supplier operations and strategic supply issues. Responsible for identifying and mitigating supplier risk and business exposure. Provides exceptional internal customer service to assist in daily procurement related needs, service and follow up. Responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to and for ensuring that appropriate documentation exists for all procurement and supplier management activities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver procurement expertise through the following actions: Independently analyze and interpret data, and develop strategies to drive performance improvements, innovation, savings, and mitigate risks for procurement activities of moderate value / risk.
- Assist management, peers, suppliers and internal clients in understanding established procurement policies and procedures, while providing customer satisfaction through measurable results.
- Continually assess market conditions for potential opportunities and risks, and utilize industry understanding to bring forth innovative solutions.
- Communicate / negotiate in a proactive manner to effectively avoid or resolve issues and problems.
- Establish, execute and track project plans, utilizing fundamental project management techniques.
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate and improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Support supplier diversity initiatives as appropriate.
- Manage procurement records and data, responsible for data quality and maintenance.
- May represent Fannie Mae at external events.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
2-4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of technology sourcing experience including: Professional Services, Software, Hardware Infrastructure, Cloud, Maintenance and Information Security.
- Strong contract negotiation skills and experience working with redline documents and Legal throughout complex contracting processes.
- Demonstrated success in leading sourcing project teams for categories which result in successful sourcing project delivery with qualitative and quantitative results preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple sourcing and contracting projects and effectively deal with a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the sourcing process effectively at all levels in the company through presentations, reports and orally. Should be an articulate, persuasive person who is comfortable working at all levels.
- Ability to use metrics, methods and procedures which drive sourcing results across the team / projects and provide linkage to corporate objectives. Excellent analytical skills are required.
- Experience performing supplier financial analysis. Experience in reporting, and the use of spreadsheets.
- Experience in driving customer satisfaction through proven, measurable sourcing results while balancing controls and risk mitigation.
- Strong MS Office capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in using eSourcing and project management tools.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58368