Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
•Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
•Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
•Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
•Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
•Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
•Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
•Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
•Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
•Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 6 to 8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Hands on experience on coding/programming applications using JAVA, J2EE, and Scripting languages and documentation
- Strong communication and customer service support skills with ability to work independently
- Experience in database technologies. Eg: SQL, Oracle databases
- Experience with the Linux/Unix operating environment. Including scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python)
- Experience in LDAP, Active Directory, SSO
- SOA web-service principles (SOAP and REST Web services along with XML, JSON and other document format/standard)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Code development tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Automation experience with CI/CD processes using Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Urban Code
- Experience with Enterprise Messaging products (IBM MQ , TIBCO EMS, Active MQ) deployments
- Experience with complex events processing and distributed cache management toolkits such as Tibco Business Events, Active Spaces, development and administration
- Experience with Tibco administration & monitoring
- Experience in installing, configuring, deploying, integrating and managing COTS products
Good to have
- Tibco SOA Product Suite (EMS, BusinessWorks, Business Events, Business Works CE).
- Experience with API Gateway, Micro Services architecture/tools, and Application Integration frameworks
- Application Server containers (Apache Tomcat, Apache WebServer, JBoss, WebLogic)
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services related to Sys Ops and Dev Ops roles
- Experience with IBM MQ Messaging
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- Agile development practices
- AWS Certifications
- Experience with distributed architecture deployments
- Experience with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, demand, continuity, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58365