Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such processes as valuation of assets, projection of pricing or risk under varying economic scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses.
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic analyses or reports regarding operating results used by business unit management to make marketing, pricing, product management or risk management decisions over the short to mid-term.
- Contribute to the update and maintenance of loan default, prepayment and severity models for the update of business unit products in use in client sites for loan application, credit review, underwriting, and the like.
- Perform economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when necessary, for review by business unit management in order to support strategic or risk management decisions.
- Perform ad hoc reports or analyses of various credit, asset performance, risk management or similar data as requested by business unit or client management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Math or other technical discipline strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of one (or more) of the following: SQL, R, Python or other data analysis tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau or other BI tool.
- Strong analytical ability required.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg Terminal a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more of:
- Mortgage credit analysis and modeling
- Primary/secondary mortgage markets
- MBS securities and markets
- Structured products
- Progress toward a CFA preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58354