Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
Education Level Required (if any)
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
- Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
- Accounting, Business, Computer Science or Finance
- 4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven ability to understand procedures, information flows, handoffs, decisions and communications pathways; and responsible for analysis, requirements and test strategy.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of business process re-design, system design and analysis, SQL, Stored Procedures and latest data modeling and reporting tools.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in using TOAD and should be able independently develop advanced SQL queries in complex data base environments
- Must be able to analyze large amount of data and summarize the information succinctly.
- Must have intermediate to advance familiarity with MS-Excel (e.g. Pivot tables, lookup formulas, recording macros, etc.)
- Previous experience using JIRA, Confluence, Alteryx, Tableau and BI tools is plus
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage industry, secondary mortgage activities and products preferred
- Familiar with working and operating in an Agile/Lean work environment preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58349