Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Serve as the main contact and responsible individual for managing loss mitigation managed assets. Primarily responsible for taking proactive steps to mitigate potential losses for a portfolio of Watchlist loans. Provide Loss Mitigation Director with observations on risk factors that should be communicated to senior management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Engage lenders, servicers and borrowers to manage riskier loans.
- Mitigate risk or minimize potential losses through sound asset management strategies based on a history of proven long-term success in the asset management field.
- Work with lenders, servicers and third-party vendors in order to identify risk issues as quickly as possible and provide Management with feedback on ways to manage these concerns.
- Properly identify and manage risk in assigned portfolio of Watchlist loans providing for timely and accurate risk ratings; prepare detailed loan risk rating analysis for all assigned loans, as needed.
- Conduct DUS servicer training and development; focus on understanding, calibrating, differentiating Lenders.
- Provide continual feedback to management on identified trends that could have an impact on future risk for the multifamily book of business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Substantial experience in commercial real estate, credit risk management, mortgage and/or financial services industry; ideally including property surveillance and valuation.
- Knowledge of Multifamily real estate, property types, markets; experience in asset management of Watchlist loans secured by multifamily properties preferred .
- Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills and strong Excel skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within the team and across the Multifamily/Fannie Mae internal and external customer network required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58333