Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
DevOps Engineer II will coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT computing environment and define the process for release package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation.
- Independently plans and delivers specific functionality within their expertise.
- Presents and or defends the work to the team or other organizations. Has defined specialties in primary areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates using open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT, etc.), including branching and merging strategies.
- Perform configuration management for all different applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform.
- Maintain up to date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs.
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg : Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4 or more years of directly related experience
- Very strong in Python, bash or similar.
- Experience integrating with native AWS services (CodePipeline, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, EC2, EKS, ECR, S3).
- Proficient in automation and deploying CI and CD tools and services (Jenkins Pipeline as Code, Git, Maven).
- Hands on experience building solutions with tools and services like AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or custom build orchestration tools leveraging SDKs or directly interacting with APIs.
- Experience working one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, or Node.js.
- Ability to infuse security into CI/CD process with ease to promote innovation.
- Knowledge of networking, IAM, public cloud, enterprise logging, SIEM, API Management, containerization and security assessment tools/methodologies.
- Require strong automation and scripting skills. Python and Linux shell.
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, Ruby, Perl, Linux, AWS, PCF, Micro services, Cloud, cloud platform, Jenkins.
- Familiar with IAM related protocols such as SAML, SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
- Experience in designing and hands-on on directories, such as, Active Directory and any other LDAP compliant directory.
- Familiar with protocols such as, OIDC, OAuth 2, SAML.
- Familiar with container and orchestration.
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape and methodologies to protect technology assets.
- Ability to facilitate communications to business stakeholders and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exceptional experience influencing collaborating and negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in highly matrixed organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 58242