Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Exchange by Fannie Mae is a public API and data visualization platform empowering users to gain insights, innovate, and create apps with quality housing and economic data.
As Senior Product Manager, in support of The Exchange, you will be responsible for leading strategy, ideation, roadmapping, feature refinement and delivery. You will work with a cross-functional team to deliver data and API solutions based on user requirements, align strategically to the service designs/blueprints and ensures delivery of the optimal backend solution. You’ll have deep understanding of technical design and architecture to improve prioritization and planning efforts. You also will create well written user stories and acceptance criteria; interface with customers to determine user requirements and translate those into technical user stories.
- Establishes product vision and strategy for high complexity products and/or multiple products.
- This includes product vision, benefits, capabilities, value metrics, competitive landscape, current state landscape.
- Partners with Business and Enterprise Architecture on definition of target architecture for product and ensures alignment while executing product roadmap. Drives discovery of product capabilities
- Continually educates product team members on business process and customer value of product capabilities.
- Leads multiple product owners and product analysts. Multiple products or single highly complex product with multiple capabilities
- Works with key stakeholders to define product roadmap, high level prioritization, product value metrics. Leads stakeholder collaboration to make execution trade-off decisions (e.g., achievement of target architecture vs. business value vs. infrastructure complexity).
- Leads continuous stakeholder engagement for the product team to understand needs, define epics and features, and gain feedback on design and working software.
- Manages product roadmap dependencies across products
- Establishes target product value metrics and tracks them throughout the lifecycle of the product. Communicates product vision, capabilities and value to various audiences.
- Partners on insights gathering strategies, customer research and testing strategies, design thinking strategies, and marketing strategies. Communicates product release roadmaps and pilots.
- May be responsible for product resource level financial plan and oversight.
- Establishes and manages product roadmaps.
- Establishes and gains executive approval for product business cases and manages business cases thereafter.
- Leads first time and annual funding approval process for products
- Makes product prioritization decisions. Leads discovery efforts for major capabilities, engaging external and internal stakeholders and product teams. Owns product backlog.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Deep understanding and empathy for our customers
- Experience with Agile Methodology – Lean, SAFe, Scrum
- Ability translate between user requirements and technology specifications in both directions
- Ability to identify new API and data capabilities
- Ability to evangelize platform capabilities with internal and externals customers
- Experience with Data analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Significant expertise in lending industry and/or Fintech preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58207