Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Operate with considerable latitude in performing complex duties related to planning and administering programs that encourage diversity in the organization's staffing, and promote respect for diversity in the organization's employment practices. Conduct more complex analyses of the organization’s staffing and, if appropriate, manage preparation of various proposals to help improve the metrics associate with women and minorities. Serve as a diversity and inclusion subject matter expert both internally and externally to move the D&I agenda forward, share best practices, and remain current on D&I trends. Advises senior leaders across the enterprise on how to achieve their business goals by utilizing inclusive frameworks, strategies and measures, including designing and delivering solutions to attract, recruit, develop and retain an inclusive and diverse workforce. Assist in implementing strategies from the Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan, which is not limited to but includes contribution to the development and oversight of effective diversity and inclusion programs and related training.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Build collaborative partnership with HR Centers of Excellence and business leaders across the enterprise to support the achievement of D&I goals and objectives.
- Assist with the design and delivery of programs and initiatives to attract, retain and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Perform complex data analysis, conduct needs assessment, lead development and implementation of D&I education and training initiatives that meet the needs of the organization and are tied to the overall strategic plan. May facilitate D&I training across all levels in the organization.
- Assume a lead role as an internal consultant to senior leaders as they recognize and identify D&I opportunities throughout the organization. Obtains and maintains a deep understanding of organizational needs.
- Evaluate diversity needs and prepare recommendations to leadership on how to achieve diversity goals to unit management, while also being a key contributor to the development of the D&I strategy.
- Support the establishment of relationships with relevant external associations and organizations to support efforts related to diversity and inclusion. Manage diversity partnerships, tracking partnership value and making recommendations.
- Keep current on diversity and inclusion field with respect to trends, best practices and program development while ensuring existing D&I tools and resources are current and identifies and implements new ones to drive enterprise-wide D&I objectives.
- Coach, mentor and influence others to accomplish business units’ goals and objectives. Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate staff. Provides for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Ensure that diversity goals are in accordance with federal regulations and employment laws. Influences policies, procedures and programs based on D&I best practices.
- May participate on external D&I councils as a representative for Fannie Mae. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the advancement of Fannie Mae's diversity and inclusion goals.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent; HR Management, Organizational Development, Diversity & Inclusion, or similar area of focus preferred
8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
People management experience, preferred
Experience managing employee resource group (ERG) activity
Demonstrated experience creating and managing
successful D&I programs
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58167