Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
As part of the Single-family Credit Performance Risk Management team, the Senior Credit Risk Analyst will apply expertise in capital management and stress testing to enhance risk management and recommend actions to optimize portfolio risk. Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data
- Enhance and contribute to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report portfolio risks
- Perform proactive portfolio risk analysis
- Serve as subject matter expert on stress testing, capital requirements, and banking regulations; educate team and internal risk management partners
- Communicate results of risk assessments to internal partners and escalate to various levels of leadership as necessary
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Familiarity with mortgage and banking industry financial regulations, stress testing and capital requirements required
Demonstrated experience with data analysis and problem solving; ability to absorb information from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and develop thoughtful recommendations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills focused on explaining analysis, trends and drivers to varied business partners
Demonstrated ability to manage through change and to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities
Demonstrated project management and organizational skills; ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining accuracy
Advanced Excel skills (e.g., vlookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas) required
Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) technologies such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Spotfire is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58142