Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage and perform multiple strategic sourcing and procurement projects for multiple business units. Lead activities related to analyzing business issues and future needs to identify projects that support the strategic plan, achieve business goals and objectives, and/or improve or streamline functions. Ensure that deadlines are met, issues are resolved, and customer goals are achieved. Track progress of projects and make adjustments as necessary. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Produce strategic sourcing, procurement and spend reports in support of business units.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage day-to-day activities related to Sourcing and Procurement projects for multiple business units to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives. Formulate goals, identify key stakeholders, and manage relationships. Resolve concerns on highly significant matters.
- Formulate, implement, and manage RFPs and negotiate contracts for multiple business units. Manage cross functional teams in support of RFPs and contracts.
- Develop business processes to manage projects. Align with other projects. Track, monitor, and report activities. Analyze results. Present insights and best practices.
- Manage project reviews to assess overall program effectiveness. Ensure consistent methodology and alignment with business unit priorities. Advise management of significant findings.
- Prepare and deliver status reporting to senior management in areas such as procurement metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Identify and facilitate technology changes to support program needs.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Adhere to corporate communication standards and procedures. Obtain and provide required approvals.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in Strategic Sourcing, Procurement and Project Management
- Previous experience doing strategic sourcing and category management for IT, hardware, software, cloud, infrastructure, indirect, professional services, consulting services, information security and other services categories including human resources and MRO.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles such as purchasing, supply chain, e-procurement, and finance with particular emphasis on negotiation and contract administration.
- Broad based business and management experience in strategic sourcing and procurement in addition to advanced knowledge of project management techniques and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in executing data collection, validation and analysis, including spend data, RFP data and savings validation.
- Able to summarize and clearly communicate implications from analysis.
- Advanced understanding of contract law and administration. Experienced in the area of commodity management.
- Ability to assess, explain and execute best practices within the area of risk and risk mitigation to internal clients.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58141