Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meeet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
Computer Science or Engineering
CISSP, CEH, GIAC, GSEC, or CSSLP or advanced degree in InfoSec.
AWS Architecture certification(Professional preferred)
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEMPLOYMENT
• Ability to lead Security Architecture consultation with other parts of Information Security, Enterprise/Business/Data Architecture, IT and Business partners, and peers on proper security architecture and software development processes to ensure the applications developed and systems implemented are in line with security best practices and company policies and standards and are compliant with the required frameworks (ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP, NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
• Ability to develop repeatable application security architectures working with internal and external partners. Contribute to the development of architectural reference material to ensure that security practices are being implemented in a repeatable fashion.
• Partner with EA Portfolio and Initiative Architects to assess security threats, identifying and tailoring security requirements, and integrating security controls into the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Demonstrated experience integrating security within the various cloud service models (e.g., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS). Able to identify the appropriate security solutions for various cloud implementations. Able to architect, implement, and document system security controls.
• Ability to review system documentation for proposed projects (e.g., system requirements, detailed design/architecture, interface documents, etc.), identify security gaps and provide security recommendations to address those gaps, and complete risk profiles for cloud computing solutions.
• Strong knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, virtualization, authentication, cryptography. Must be fully conversant up and down the technology stack. Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure security architecture that includes security controls across the technology stack.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of major cloud platforms; AWS, Azure, SalesForce, ServiceNow, etc.
• Expert knowledge of operating system, application, network, and database security architectures.
• Development background particularly building enterprise applications (Java Preferably)
• Foundational and functional understanding of how API works (RESTful, SOAP)
• Understanding of API security -specifically on common controls for API security (SSO, OAuth, Threat Protection)
• Security elements of API gateway integrations of API - WAF, Websockets
• Familiarity of Identify and Access Management - AWS IAM integrations
• Proficiency in AppSec and Web services security.
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58085