Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes. Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis fro specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
0-2 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Manage/develop business requirement activities for Finance Business Analytics (FBA) modeling applications through various methods, including: individual and group discussions, independent data analysis by extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and tools.
• Work across teams and promote productive relationships (business, modeling, technology & governance) to improve clarity and ensure that processes are as streamlined as possible.
• Work with the application development teams to refine design and solution specifications for FBA model applications.
• Provide other analytical and business analysis support to key initiatives and operations within FBA
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58066