Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Director will plan and direct the work of the Legal and Regulatory Compliance team, whose staff develop and communicate procedures the organization follows to comply with laws or regulations governing how it conducts its business. Will report to the VP, Legal and Regulatory Compliance. May develop procedures or business processes that are compliant and instruct managers in their use. May conduct compliance reviews and analyses, and report findings to responsible corporate management. May prepare reports in standard formats to regulatory agencies. May interact with regulators in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with business unit management to assess how current regulations impact their business processes, reporting functions, recordkeeping, or other activities. Assess needs for introduction of new business processes and for consultations or training.
- Direct the review of the effectiveness of existing policies in achieving regulatory requirements. Develop new policies and procedures, as needed, to address future regulatory reporting and compliance obligations.
- Direct the execution of the periodic compliance assessment program in conjunction with other assessment programs within the organization. Develop revisions and changes to the compliance plans for individual business units as necessary.
- Develop processes to keep pace with changes to the regulatory & legal environment; assess implications for Fannie Mae's businesses in conjunction with the Legal department.
- Direct the development of targeted and enterprise wide compliance training and awareness campaigns to address legal and regulatory concerns.
- Manage the performance, develop, motivate and communicate with subordinate managers and/or staff.
- Have the ability to interact with both internal and external stakeholders; have professional communication skills; and good judgment.
Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent
8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experienced people manager with successful track record of providing development opportunities and mentorship
- Compliance risk assessment expertise for a financial institution, law firm, or the government or related areas
- Possess Juris Doctorate or other advanced degree (preferred)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58058