Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Operates primarily as an independent resource to manage a variety of highly complex activities related to human resources programs, policies and procedures. Works proactively to ensure proper administration of human resources projects, programs and activities; makes program/process improvement recommendations; identifies and partners with appropriate colleagues/resources to problem solve; manages related communications efforts. Utilizes system(s) of record. Takes ownership of the research and resolution of a variety of human resource related issues. Provides excellent customer service both internally and externally. Utilizes metrics for improved business outcomes. Provide guidance to less experienced colleagues. May supervise and/or train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides accurate, timely support to internal and/or external customers human resource related programs and initiatives. Manages complex activities as requested by management or identified by self.
- Leads or contributes to varied functions within a business unit or on a project to advance the work of the group. Partners with colleagues within HR and across the company to collaborate on functional area objectives.
- Conducts research, schedules and plans activities, coordinates and prepares deliverables and communications. Identifies needs for analysis, gathers appropriate data and conducts analysis for key stakeholders; produces key metrics; recommends alternatives to ensure positive outcomes.
- Recommends, interprets, and/or implements company and internal administrative policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds established service level agreements. Takes steps to ensure work is error-free; may take similar steps and/or review work of others. Identifies, reviews, researches and resolves received escalations.
- Participates in/actively supports system upgrades and user-acceptance testing. Updates, processes, and validates related deliverables and data using system(s) of record. Administers customer-facing processes and troubleshoots issues in functional area(s).
- Works with external vendors/service providers.
- Leads and/or participates on complex projects/programs. Provides guidance to less senior members of team; may supervise work of others; may facilitate learning for others.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- 2 years of benefits administration experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a human resources function, e.g. HR operations, a tiered HR call center etc. strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment, assimilate new information quickly, analyze complex problems, take initiative, and exhibit strong intellectual curiosity.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and project management skills.
- Stellar customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and/or work environment, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and deal with ambiguity.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong skills using the entire Microsoft Office Suite of products including preparing spreadsheets, documents, and presentations.
- Strong SharePoint skills preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with HRIS, ticketing or call center systems is a plus.
- Occasional travel to our Washington, DC headquarters may be required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 58039