Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
Masters or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Computer Science or Engineering
6 to 8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of development experience total, with at least 2 years of database development experience using stored procedures in SQL Server (Microsoft or Sybase)
- Development experience using Python, Java, C# or .net
- Experience designing databases, preferably for data warehouses.
- Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools a strong plus (SQL Server Integration Services – SSIS – preferred)
- The ability to analyze and formally document requirements required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing Business Intelligence/Data Presentation dashboards using either Tableau or Microsoft PowerBI.
In addition, experience with at least one of the following technologies is required:
- Development using Microsoft O365 tools (SharePoint, MS Flow)
- Automation using OS (Linux, Windows) command line scripts and Python
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA - Blue Prism preferred, but other tools are acceptable)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58030