Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Credit Risk Analyst III will join the Enterprise Risk Management – Single Family Seller team to support risk oversight and monitoring functions with a focus on capital markets activities, securitization, and guaranty pricing. Support the development, implementation and execution of the group’s risk oversight processes to drive consistent risk identification, assessment, monitoring, oversight and reporting of activities that impact SF Seller/Servicer relationships. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to Recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in the development, implementation and execution of on an overarching oversight framework for Seller/Servicer activities that aligns with the ERM Risk Framework.
- Collaborate with 1st line business stakeholders to ensure effective risk management and identification of new and emerging risks.Utilize SF business, risk management, and governance knowledge and expertise to
- execute assignments related to risk oversight, process analyses, gap identification, and remediation.
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, transaction, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management.
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance, or equivalent experience, is preferred
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated risk management skills are required
- Experience in SF mortgage credit risk analysis required
- Experience with primary and secondary mortgage market activities, Capital Markets and pricing preferred
- Experience effectively partnering/collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop management reports with proficiency using Word, Power Point and Excel
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who can effectively contribute to a team atmosphere
- Project management and process improvement experience preferred
- Ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines and deliver high quality results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58012