Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Project Analyst II reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition for the Business Management Office and provides project analyst support across the talent acquisition team. Under limited direction, represents a business unit or project on moderately complex administrative matters. Using knowledge of corporate administrative procedures, compiles, consolidates, and analyzes information needed by staff for the work of the unit or project. Ensures that documentation and process flows are complete, current, and accessible. Coordinates efforts or projects with other areas such as HR, Accounting, Facilities, or IT. Performs research and analyses requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform varied administrative functions within a business unit or on a project to advance the work of the group. May conduct research, schedule and plan activities, coordinate and prepare deliverables and communications, and provide training support.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the Fannie Mae Associate’s Program, an early career program that is managed by Talent Acquisition. Support includes managing all aspects of training and networking events for the program – maintaining the calendar, reserving space, catering, and day-of point of contact.
- Provide logistical support for Talent Acquisition team events and meetings (finalizing materials, securing meeting space, assisting with catering orders). This also includes branding and diversity events that are sponsored by Talent Acquisition.
- Assist the VP of Talent Acquisition with calendar management and ad hoc tasks.
- Serve as principal point of contact in responding to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Recommend and may implement technology enhancements.
- Provide ad hoc support other team deliverables, including reporting and customer surveys.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience putting strong organizational systems in place and ability to meet event and project deliverables and milestones
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple deadlines
- Exceptional customer service and strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58000