Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in
communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing
in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on
sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to
make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
This individual will have leadership responsibility and accountability for directing the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) program and oversight of the Finance division operational risk team. This will include responsibility and accountability for directing the team in assessing the design and operating effectiveness of the Company’s Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) business process and information technology controls in accordance with SOX. S/he will take a leadership role in promoting a rigorous internal control environment across the Company and ensuring appropriate operational risk. In addition, s/he will ensure business strategies developed and implemented by the Finance division have prudently managed risk to provide the appropriate level of safety and soundness.
- SOX and Internal Controls Strategy and Process: Lead strategy and vision for Fannie’s SOX program; design and maintain an effective and scalable internal control environment, identify areas of risk, promote recommendations on controls, and influence changes and decisions, including relevant experience with information technology control assessments across the access management, change management and logging & monitoring domains; establish procedures and policies to guide the company and facilitate consistent, high quality outcomes and deliverables.
- Stakeholder Management & Influencing: Establish credibility as a business partner and be respected by senior management; develop and maintain relationships with Senior Business Leaders across all business units serving as primary point of contact to identify changes in business circumstances and risks that impact ICFR compliance and influence management's control-focused reaction to changed business circumstances and risks; strong communicator who understands how to navigate complexities at the executive level.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of professionals to provide oversight of the Company’s SOX compliance efforts and support of operational risk for the Finance division; oversee a team responsible for risk assessments, RCSAs, process design and analysis and a liaison o Enterprise Risk and Regulatory Affairs; recruit, coach, develop and retain a high-performance team.
- External Vendor Management: Develop relationships with and coordinate scope and coverage with the company's independent external auditors, the company's regulators and the external co-source provider. Manage the efficient and effective use of co-source resources throughout the year, specifically the external third-party ICFR resources to support annual ICFR compliance testing.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Minimum 10+ years of combined experience with a large accounting firm and/or Internal Audit/Finance/Risk Management department of a complex organization.
- Deep knowledge in Financial Operational Risk, including compliance of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements; strong knowledge of financial accounting regulations; knowledge of COSO, COBIT and other relevant industry frameworks.
- Experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to function effectively at all levels of management within a complex organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills to clearly frame and interpret issues.
- Relevant work within a financial services organization; thorough understanding of the mortgage finance industry (Commercial and Residential), including significant exposure to housing financing, real estate securitization, and capital markets products and services.
- Experience at a “Big Four” accounting firm and/or in-house experience at a financial services organization of significant scale.
- Detailed understanding of the policies, processes, procedures, and risks within a wide array of functional areas, as well as their impact on the overall business control environment.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to perform manage and/or coordinate complex reviews and audits in a wide variety of areas.
- BA/BS and/or MA with a concentration in Finance, Accounting and/or business related required.
- Current professional certification in auditing or accounting required – Certified Public Accounting and/or Certified Internal Auditor.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57999