Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Perform lender-level oversight on all aspects of loan quality and compliance with related requirements per the Selling Guide. Provide consultation on best practices in loan manufacturing and delivery. Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products the company finances or underwrites. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform analyses on key performance indicators of loan quality for targeted lenders deliveries to Fannie Mae using internal reports of aggregated data as well as reports provided by lenders.
- Share analyses with lenders and collaborate on root causes in areas where manufacturing and loan delivery improvements are needed. Provide recommendations on best practices
- Provide consultation on effective use of Fannie Mae’s technology applications related to loan quality and the resolution of defective loans.
- Perform in-depth reviews of lender quality control plans and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements outlined in the Selling Guide.
- Assist in the remediation of audit findings on QC-related issues as necessary.
- Conduct credit analyses using standard and more advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
2-4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
3+ years experience as a QC Manager
Prior experience in mortgage underwriting or operations management, 5 years related experience preferred
Thorough knowledge QC guidelines and requirements per the Selling Guide
Experienced in communicating at the executive level
Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite, notably PowerPoint and Excel
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57996