Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Fannie Mae is seeking to hire a VP of Engineering who will lead our Enterprise Finance Technology organization and also serve as a key change agent in order to accelerate our Digital Transformation journey. This position will be based in our HQ office located in Washington DC. As VP, you’ll be reporting into our SVP of Integrated Technology Solutions and will be responsible for leading, inspiring, and managing 10 direct-reports with a department of 140+ team members.
As VP, you’ll be responsible for driving alignment of Enterprise Finance’s organizational strategy with our Digital Transformation journey. You’ll own the Digital Agenda, define the technical strategy, direct and manage the execution for all things engineering, including product integration, technical operations, and cloud deployment strategies. You will provide thought leadership, promote customer-centric development, and foster a culture of innovation for Enterprise Finance Tech and across the Integrated Technology Solutions organization. You will also provide key technology leadership on critical Strategic Initiatives related to Capital Planning and Finance Transformation.
This role will provide pivotal leadership on COO level priorities, including representing technology in the effort to define a new Enterprise Operating Model. You’ll also play a major role in our effort to modernize and transform the Technology Change Management process.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Champion innovation and oversee application development operations and drives timely, cost effective delivery of complex product portfolios.
- Ensure the delivery of time sensitive Capital Management core capabilities.
- Lead the effort to modernize the Technology Change Management function.
- Partner with COO Technology Partners, guides the discovery and implementation of new technologies that enable business success.
- Communicate engineering plans, progress, and status throughout all levels of the company.
- Weight and understand industry solutions and provides recommendations to Finance stakeholders as to the optimal path forward.
- Remove obstacles, closes gaps and manages and mitigates risks to ensure delivery on time, on budget and at the highest levels of quality.
- Ensure effective disaster recovery and resiliency planning.
- Stay at the forefront of industry best practices, FinTech, and the Startup arena – and it’s impacts or potential for increased innovation, enhanced efficiency, and opportunities.
- Drive internal methodology and process improvements designed to shape the application development organization into a world class team utilizing best in class practices and technologies.
- Ensure high quality talent, bench strength and succession planning through best practices in recruiting, selection, training, developing and retaining IT professional staff.
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of a Business Products through the Accounting phase to enable identification of intersections.
- Understand enterprise changes and their impact to Finance; proactively performs impact assessments and promptly escalates issues.
- BS degree in technical area (i.e. engineering, computer science) is preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 12 years of professional experience (and at least 10 years of management experience).
- Extensive experience leading Agile development team and implementing Scaled Agile practices.
- Experience delivering solutions aligned to a Service Oriented Architecture target state.
- Experience developing software solutions and implementing third party products that comply with control standards defined by Technology, Finance and Risk teams.
- Extensive experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud (AWS).
- Vendor Management experience.
- Experience building trust and confidence with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience implementing innovative solutions that enable business success.
Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Builds effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Drives vision and purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Req ID: 57995