Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
This position establishes, maintains, and communicates standards for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the enterprise's databases and warehouses. This position documents data flows, data mappings, performs data lineage analysis as required by various enterprise projects. This position confers as needed with other technical staff to plan database conversion projects, or to establish large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises. Leads or provides technical assistance to data projects or operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more efficient use of data resources. Researches, assesses, and reports use of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as needs change and corporate platforms develop.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with business partners, technical partners, and representatives from other organizations to understand and evaluate their requirements regarding data, and ensure they are meet the needs and conform to the enterprise standards.
- Perform any necessary data mapping and data lineage activities, documents information flows.
- Manage initiatives focused on implementing enterprise data management capabilities.
- Align enterprise data management activities with industry best practices.
- Develop metrics associated with core job functions, exhibiting how better data management practices improve business value.
- Align data management efforts/initiatives directly to providing business value.
- Work with manager to monitor use and form of reporting data in multiple platforms and reports throughout the organization. Contribute to developing and communicating corporate and regulatory standards for using, providing access to, and reporting data, and to the compliance framework for tracking the implementation of these standards.
- Request and track reporting from departmental units on use of and security standards for data used in variety of databases and warehouses.
- Assist manager in establishing data security guidelines for data subject to specific regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with organizational units concerned with risk management, legal compliance and privacy to ensure unit's standards and practices are consistent.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4 - 6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Hands-on data analysis experience, preferably in the secondary mortgage domain.
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply strong analytical skills, and provide thoughtful and strategic recommendations to deliver tangible business value.
- Good general understanding of the data concepts (Data Quality, Data Modeling, etc.) with emphasis on Metadata.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in SQL, MS-Excel and MS-Access.
- Experience with Cloud metadata collection and configuring data governance structure in Collibra or similar data management/governance tools a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57985