Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Our Middleware & Caching team in Reston, VA is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team as they endeavor on new technology initiatives for their Digital Transformation project. You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units including, Java, Spring Framework, AWS, GemFire, etc. in an Agile environment. You will play a senior developer role for the teams’ efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Business or Computer Science
Certifications Preferred(if any)
Specialized training in specific platforms, enterprise
6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Development experience using Java or Python
Experience with Java concurrency and multi-threaded applications
Hands-on experience in implementation and development in Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and DevOps experience, Infrastructure-as-Code
Experience with Agile Methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Unix/Linux OS Platform, Application Servers like JBoss, Tomcat, Apache Webserver or NGINX
- Experience with C/C++ development
- Application and System Design and Build experience using RESTful APIs, Webservices, streaming and JMS/EMS integration patterns
- Preferred experience with AWS services including EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch, S3, Security Groups, CloudFormation, ElasticCache, Kafka, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57977