Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Trader III will be responsible for executing trades in their respective products to provide liquidity to the markets and/or implement Fannie Mae's Asset Liability strategy. The traders interact with Wall Street and other investors in the capital markets to implement the Capital Markets business goals of providing liquidity, implementing asset-liability and risk management strategies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Track market activities; understand and evaluate new developments in the market and report on potential impact on business/position. Identify opportunities to enhance our business practices/strategy through adapting to the market changes and make recommendations to management to enhance strategy.
- Develop and execute trading strategies. Conduct analysis and execute trades consistent with overall strategy of the desk, ensuring all policies, procedures and limits are properly observed.
- Be a subject matter expert within a product type by thoroughly understanding the entire business process including upstream and downstream business partners. Represent the group in this capacity to senior management and various groups within the organization.
- Lead team discussions offering insights and opinions; represent the desk in internal discussions with key stakeholders.
- Develop and build strong relationships with internal and external customers through active engagement. Conduct regular discussions with dealer and lender community, to ensure they understand Fannie Mae's business priorities. Represent the company at both presentations and one-on-one meetings with external customers, including broker/dealers and customers/investors.
- Use internal valuation and risk models to assist with analysis. Assist less experienced team members with valuation and risk models.
- Demonstrate proficiency with market data sources (Bloomberg, Yield book, etc) and provide assistance to less experienced team members.
- Contribute to the process of model and technology improvement across various analytic and database tools.
- Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced members of the team.
- Ensure desk procedures capture all activities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- BA or BS in economics, finance, or related field of study is required.
- MBA or Other Advanced Degree Preferred
- 6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a trading or market environment and minimum 5 years in a finance environment, with special consideration for experience in the MBS or structured product markets. Examples of relevant experience include portfolio management, MBS trading, relative value comparison across mortgage products, REMIC structuring, or mortgage credit analysis.
- Candidate should possess good analytical, communication, and presentation skills including familiarity with mortgage and interest rate models and valuation.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57950