Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Internal Audit Team Leads assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principals. Internal Audit Team Leads serve as the day-to-day project manager for one or more audit projects and provide project guidance and informal coaching to Senior Internal Auditors and Internal Auditors as needed. Internal Audit Team Leads are expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. They should also demonstrate specialized functional area expertise in one or more areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with quarterly and annual risk assessment process and drafting initial audit plan. Document details of planning meetings. Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Internal Audit methodologies and related templates that adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), regulatory agency guidance, and industry best practices.
- Assist with tracking results of audits, MRA’s and any control deficiencies, identifying themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration specialization preferred
- MS and/or MBA preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- CIA, CPA and/or CFE preferred
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience (public accounting; project management experience; mortgage banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience)
- Strong critical thinking and data analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively apply judgement to reach appropriately reasoned conclusions
- Knowledge of COSO for Enterprise Risk Management
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57935