Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Senior Designer will bring a strong industry knowledge to the table and contribute extensively to the successful production and design of creative solutions for Fannie Mae. The Senior Designer will be a key player in helping evolve the Fannie Mae brand and deliver custom solutions to a wide range of initiatives.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as senior-level designer, producing a broad range of deliverables for printed and digital dissemination.
- Demonstrates independent thinking and solid decision-making skills. Uses good judgement when handling assignments, solving problems, addressing challenges.
- Occasionally, screens requests to determine appropriate level of support, working with project managers to seek out more information as needed.
- Works on multiple projects, ensuring deadlines are met. Report results using time tracking software.
- Occasionally, reviews team
projects for accuracy.
- Works independently. Able to anticipate client needs and make recommendations for solutions that are aligned with corporate business priorities and objectives.
- Manages projects with internal partners and external vendors to ensure quality execution of projects.
- Recommend practices designed to streamline, improve efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Promotes corporate brand standards within Fannie Mae and with external vendors and partners.
Bachelors' degree or equivalent
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, creating and executing design solutions as well as maintaining visual appearance, usability and brand continuity
- Must be a seasoned expert in industry-standard graphic design and multimedia tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and creating well-organized files
- Experience translating creative briefs into understandable and compelling assets with minimum direction
- Must have experience managing deadlines for multiple deliverables simultaneously (previous agency experience preferred)
- Solid understanding of the principles of good user experience (UX) design and 508 compliance (a plus)
- Must include links to previous work samples (info graphics, branding, interactive pieces, data visualization, or environmental design — for print media or digital delivery)
- Experience communicating design choices to non-designers and collaborating cross-functionally with marketing and communications professionals
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57929