Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
This senior position supports our Single Family division with a primary focus working with business partners in our Strategy & Insights Business Enablement (S&I BE) Group. This group is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Single Family organization and brings together a wide range of business units to meet the Fannie Mae and Single Family business line objectives. This role will establish a data and analysis platform for S&I BE upon which the individual and team will conduct advanced analytics.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interfaces effectively and collaboratively with business customers, other areas of the analytics division, and vendors to provide solutions for business problems.
- Is considered an expert in their area (both business and technical aspects) and can provide mentorship and guidance to others in as needed.
- Engages in day to day development of highly technical product.
- Often will be the sole engine for creative design, technical implementation, and user interfaces for their self-developed products, leveraging the capabilities of other support teams as needed.
- Contributes to the development of data products but is not the owner or primary developer. They are however, heavy users of data products developed by team members.
- Responsible for compliance with all levels of governance and best practices in implementation and automation.
- Works with data both institutional and outside of the company, builds intuitive and meaningful reporting or analytic explorative items for personal or business consumption, is technically capable of full development cycle including continued automation and quality control best practices, and effectively champions their products to their desired customer base.
- Responsible for development of and maintenance of a research agenda in their supporting area.
- Identifies effect champions and stakeholders for their research and other work products to ensure addressing of business concerns.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- Master’s Degree in applied statistics, applied economics, business analytics, etc. is preferred.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Quantitative business practitioner with experience in financial services, banking or mortgage industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in applying statistical and econometric modeling techniques (i.e. propensity score matching, and instrumental variables to describe and evaluate data) is required.
- High degree of proficiency in programming in R and/or Python required.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as R/ggplot2, Python, or Tableau required.
- Data manipulation experience using R programming and the tidyverse ecosystem.
- Experience with data base manipulation using SQL, especially Netezza, Redshift/Postgres, and Oracle.
- Data Science concepts including regression, classification, clustering, and feature engineering.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57923