Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Our Enterprise Innovation team is a band of technologists and product disruptors who are responsible for accelerating innovation within Fannie Mae. Functioning like a tech incubator - we pilot new and emerging tech, build partnerships with startups and build products at scale; with an aim focused on impacting the Housing Finance ecosystem.
As a Senior Devops Engineer you will be expected to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Develop sound version control best practices-based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl and Java
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Expertise in Web 2.0, SOA/Micro Services and Cloud architecture and technologies
- Experience with AWS services and Containers
- Proficient in CI/CD practices and tools - SVN/Git, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Nexus or similar
- Expertise in configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Proficient in Unix/Linux, shell scripting and system administration
- Proficient in infrastructure provisioning, monitoring and performance management
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Ruby, Perl or similar
- Proficient in Oracle RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Startup or FinTech experience
- Published technical blogs or active member/speaker at tech meetups
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57920