As a Lead Front-End Engineer you will be expected to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end components used by all teams
- Work closely with product designers and product managers to put final projects together
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
8+ years of related experience
- Very experienced and passionate about building SPAs and modern web apps
- 6+ years of experience leveraging JS frameworks such as Angular React.js/Redux, Node.js, or Vue.js
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS/SASS)
- Ability to write clean, reusable, and scalable code
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with AWS Serverless Architecture - Lambda, Aurora, DynamoDB, and API Gateway
- Experience working in Agile Environment – Scrum, Kanban, Lean Startup
- Proven ability and desire to mentor and develop less experienced engineers
- Startup or FinTech experience
- Published technical blogs or active member/speaker at tech meetups
- Active GitHub profile
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57918