As a Lead Software Engineer you will be expected to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
0-2 years of related experience
- 8+ years of software development experience leveraging Java/JEE
- Hands-on experience with one or more open source technologies such as Python, Spring Boot, Scala, and other JVM languages
- Experience serving as a Tech Lead – driving design and architecture; with an eye on scalability, performance, availability and security
- Excellent communication skills and ability to mentor/coach team members as well as experience influencing senior leadership
- Ability to architect and implement API’s and web services
- Enjoys rapidly prototyping, building MVP’s and iterating on ideas to get to customer-centric solution
- Experience working in Agile Environment – Scrum, Kanban, Lean Startup
- Startup or FinTech experience
- Published technical blogs or active member/speaker at tech meetups
- Active GitHub profile
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57910