Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Plan and direct the work of a team of economists who conduct analyses or studies on effects of different economic conditions of the company's products, assets, or investments. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their prospective effect on the markets in which the company's goods or service trade. Collaborate on product development, risk management, financial management and capital market projects and exercises with economic analyses and projections. May represent the company in trade associations, professional groups, or to the public.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business units regarding effects of economic conditions on the products offered by the unit. Determine economic analyses that could assess future environment(s) that could affect the performance of corporate assets or products.
- Assign varied economic analyses to staff, provide professional oversight of work, and facilitate dissemination of research within company or for outside publication.
- Confer with management of units building or maintaining econometric models, and applications used in proprietary econometric analyses to determine utility of their products and to represent future needs for analytical tools by the department.
- Represent the analytical work of the unit to the corporation's partners, clients, regulators and the public in the form of research papers, position papers on how current economic conditions could affect the housing market and/or the economy at large.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
Education Level Required (if any) Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any) Master, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred(if any) Economics
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE 8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Detailed knowledge of fixed-income markets Work experience at a financial regulator or at private entity working on regulatory issues Demonstrated record of conducting research on financial markets, including publications in peer reviewed journals The ability to effectively communicate research methods and findings to non-technical audiences Prior experience with economic forecasting or collaborating with a forecast team is a plus Ph.D. in economics, finance or statistics required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57886