Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Business Analyst III will be part of a production support team that supports multiple business teams in the funding accounting area. The Business Analyst will troubleshoot and resolve issues in SimCorp and other funding accounting systems and/or business processes. Examine, assess and document business operations and procedures of production support. Improve and increase business efficiencies by automating processes. Assist business users by developing reports, extracting data, analyzing discrepancies and variances to find root cause. Provide assistance in development projects and assist in developing specifications in system enhancement.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience of Secondary Mortgage and capital market preferred
- Previous experience with accounting systems is preferred
- Understanding of the mortgage lifecycle, MBS, securitization and trading concepts strongly preferred
- Experience with providing production support for COTS products
- Experience supporting operational accounting business team
- Problem solving and data analysis skills
- Ability to analyze large set of data utilizing various tools such as Excel and SQL
- Ability to work independently and perform under pressure within tight timelines
- Presentation and verbal/written communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57864