Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The person selected will be working in a team environment supporting PeopleSoft application and supporting various modules which are; General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Billing, Asset Management and Lease Accounting.
We need someone who has at least 10 years of experience with various PeopleSoft modules, with technical and functional experience. He/She will be will be responsible for production support activities and at same time working on different projects in the PeopleSoft area. As part of the production support, will be working with Business customers and supporting them to resolve the issues they have and if the issues are more technical then it is required to work with technical support and resolve the issues. As part of the monthly and quarterly releases, it is required to work with the Business users in developing the Business requirements and work with the Development team in implementation of the changes as desired by the Business users and customers. Must have strong SQL back end database skills and expert in using TOAD and PeopleSoft functions and Reporting tools.
Should have the ability to conduct systems analysis and design of business processes current and future state needs. Strong knowledge with the available and emerging software technology will be desired.
The team supports the Monthly accounting close process and it will be required to support late hours and weekends as required, however, this will be in a team support environment. Strong functional knowledge in Financial modules, related to General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Business functions related to Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting, Accounts reconciliations will be required.
It is also an advantage to have prior implementation and support experience in other ERP systems like SAP, WORKDAY, ORACLE FINANCIALS and financial reporting systems.
Being a Senior member of the team, should be able to guide the team in solving issues and guiding them in right direction. Will also be closely working with the Technology team and Business users during the upgrades and monthly and quarterly releases.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Strong SQL and data analysis skills
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Participate in meetings and projects with different teams, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Work with different interface partners and coordinate the day to day tasks.
- Provide production support by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
- SDLC / Agile project support experience will be helpful
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 10+ years of related experience in PeopleSoft functional support with strong database skills
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in PeopleSoft functional support ; SME in General Ledger, AP, AM, AR Billing modules.
- Medium to advanced SQL skills. Must have at least 10 years’ experience in using TOAD and should be able independently develop advanced SQL queries in complex data base environments
- Prior experience with developing and delivering polished PowerPoint presentations. Good communication skills and ease of working with customers.
- Previous experience using JIRA / Confluence
- Must have intermediate to advance familiarity with MS-Excel (e.g. Pivot tables, lookup formulas, recording macros, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced skills to design and format content in MS-PowerPoint (e.g. manipulating tables, charts, and graphics, copy & pasting between MS-office products, etc.)
- Must have strong business writing skills (i.e. clear, crisp, and detailed emails explaining requests)
- Familiar with working and operating in an Agile/Lean work environment and/or Fannie Mae’s Way of Working preferred
- Ability to design process/work flows and org charts in MS-Visio preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57797