Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and problem solving; ability to absorb information from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and develop thoughtful recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills focused on explaining analysis, trends and drivers to varied business partners
- Risk management experience required (credit, operational, financial, etc.); experience with seller risk management preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage through change and to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills; ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining accuracy
- Advanced MS Office skills (e.g., Excel vlookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas) required
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) technologies such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Spotfire is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57775