Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Under limited supervision, compile, review, and/or transmit accurate financial results internally to the firm points of contact or externally to regulatory bodies (e.g., FHFA, SEC) for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Prepare complete, current, and accessible reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in producing financial results to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting is accurate, timely, and based upon internal and external reporting requirements.
- Check data for reasonableness by reviewing past trends and changing conditions and by analyzing results against monthly forecasts. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
- Design new reports or enhance existing reporting to reflect changes in policy, market conditions, or to incorporate concepts expressed by senior management.
- Generate and post journal entries and prepare manual journal entries as required.
- Identify opportunities to add value to processes and reporting.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- May document processes by writing specifications or requirements.
- May perform moderately complex financial reporting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of related experience
- Three years of experience with SEC reporting, SEC Filings, investor relations, and/or accounting preferred
- Demonstrated experience conducting research and providing financial reporting/technical guidance to business units regarding new accounting transactions, new accounting guidance or new regulatory guidance
- Understanding of US GAAP and Regulation S-K and S-X, as well as Article 9
- CPA or CPA in process preferred
- Big 4 or public CPA firm experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, and re-prioritize work as the needs of the business change
- Ability to interact effectively throughout the organization, develop cooperative relationships, and collect information
- Strong communication skills required; excellent writing skills a must
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57739