Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Shape and execute reporting strategy for data collected from applications and related processes within the department. Core responsibilities will encompass the full life cycle of reporting development: process analysis, reporting business requirements definition, quality testing development, data extraction and analysis, report design, conducting iterative stakeholder reviews, report development/enhancement, and presentation of data to all levels of the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process and Data Requirements Analysis and Testing Perform analysis and support continuous improvement of portfolio management and governance processes, with a particular focus on data and reporting Communicate business data and reporting requirements as an integral part of all projects Plan and execute reporting quality assurance testing for applicable reporting requirements within all projects
- Data Extraction and Analysis Utilize available applications/tools to query portfolio data and extract data as needed for reporting analysis/development or for customer delivery Analyze data for both reporting development as well as trend identification, event impact analysis, process measurement and improvement, and observation/summarization for senior management attention Conduct research and analysis and examine risk elements of portfolio or public data to present trends, assess risk, and provide mitigation recommendations to management
- Report Design, Stakeholder Management, and Report Delivery Utilize available applications/tools to design report drafts/mock-ups for iterative stakeholder review Identify, engage, and manage reporting stakeholder relationships to sustain ongoing delivery and enhancement of customer reporting; schedule and conduct reporting reviews with stakeholders for full vision-draft-final delivery cycle Prepare and communicate value of all reporting deliverables, and manage stakeholder pressure that may result in duplicative or excessive reporting development
- Utilize available applications/tools to develop adhoc/automated reporting for all levels of the organization
- Support communications, training, and end user support efforts with reporting awareness and usage guidance
- Prepare and present reporting to all applicable levels of the organization
•Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
•6+ years of related experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
•5+ years of professional experience in business analytics
•Experience creating dashboards with Tableau
•Knowledge of MS Access database and mastery of excel which includes pivot tables and macro functions to provide the greatest flexibility in reporting
•Proficient in SQL/PL-SQL and creating Business Objects reports.
•Strong background in preparing data for analysis, KRI, KPI definition, and reporting
•Experience providing training and support on reports and dashboards which includes explaining the underlying data, explaining the information depicted on the report and explaining how to use the BI software
•Knowledge of Incident, Problem, and Change Management
•Knowledge of R-Studio Shiny
•Ability to document business processes
•Ability Track opportunities for technology improvements, and future enhancements. Log and review backlog items in JIRA (requirements management).
•Experience with MoogSoft and ServiceNow
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57683