Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Liaise between partner areas related to risk governance activities. Contribute to the identification of gaps in the existing- and development of new business processes. Draft and/or update risk policies/procedures and delegations. Provide key contributions during the internal/external examinations and remediation of identified issues. Act as a project manager for cross-functional projects, including issue remediation and advisory bulletin gap analyses. Contribute meaningfully to a development of communication program, inclusive of training on changes and updates to policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in managing efforts and projects related to risk policies/procedures development.
- Assist in managing projects related to remediation of control gaps in processes.
- Provide key contributions to process engineering efforts related to support areas.
- Provide key contributions to process integrity efforts and reporting as they relate to policy exceptions, notifications, risk limit breach management, and other corporate requirements.
- Liaison between internal and external auditors, examiners, and regulators.
- Present at business meetings for various audiences, as required
- Assist in leading the development and/or management of a communication program, inclusive of training on changes or updates to policies/standards/procedures, methodologies, and/or regulatory changes.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of Single Family, Capital Markets, and/or Multifamily businesses
- Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts to assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of a risk-based ERM framework for monitoring internal compliance with ERM policies and standards. Experience with assessing operational risks of processes
- Ability to work independently with customers across various business and functional areas; identifying and communicated areas of noncompliance, coordinating remediation plans, and assessing timely remediation of identified gaps
- Ability to independently think, apply judgment, and propose thoughtful solutions to compliance issues and recommending process enhancements
- Strong relationship management, communication and technical writing skills to assist with socializing program requirements across ERM
- Ability to research and analyze information from multiple sources
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57680