Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage staff who provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Supporting applications may include answering technical questions, troubleshooting problems, and guiding users to gain productive use of software. Guide staff to extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. Manage efforts to maintain application in production, including troubleshooting stoppages, repairing bugs, documenting application performance, and coordinating with technology infrastructure management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of units whose applications are being supported, with management of technology infrastructure units, and with management/staff of development units to coordinate efforts to support applications in production.
- Monitor daily production of assigned applications and track issues requiring the unit's support or input from other units. Provide guidance or technical input to staff dealing with bugs, production issues, and the like.
- Assign staff to support efforts, development/upgrade/patch/installation, or other projects. May work on individual projects as well.
- Serve as technical resource on development, installation, upgrade, or other project being staffed by unit. Participate in project planning and coordinate with project manager or management of other units participating in project.
- Document and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6+ years of experience managing production issues in a 24/7 production environment
- 6+ years of experience doing Root Cause analysis, planning of changes and managing problem tickets to full resolution in a 24x7 production environment
- Experience working with compliance, audit, outside regulators, and other support organizations while participating in providing solutions in support of the business objectives.
- Hands on experience with monitoring and ticketing tools
- Experience and confidence working with all levels of management (tech and business), in a matrixed environment, acting as the central point of contact for production issues.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Able to quickly and concisely communicate with senior management on technical issues in non-technical terms and run large conf. calls with all levels and teams
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint and presenting to senior management
- Able to multi-task and work in a high stress environment
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57642