Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
As part of the Capital Markets Risk Management group, the Non-Technical Project Manager I will operate under limited supervision in performing moderately complex activities related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of one or more projects within a business unit. Using knowledge of the business strategic plan, advance or conclude projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Monitor daily operations and provide direction to and assist subordinate staff. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities to advance the work of one or more projects. Plan, document, review, and manage subordinate performance.
- Develop implementation plans. Allocate and coordinate resources. Develop methods for monitoring project progress.
- Review project budgets. Verify project expenditures vs. actual.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks to include access requests, space management, equipment procurement and tracking, and contractor requisitions and work orders.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Resolve concerns on significant matters.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
0-2 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Project management skills
Experience presenting to senior management
Ability to work with cross functional teams
Preference for professional designation (CFA, MBA or PMP) or demonstrated progress towards obtaining
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57640