Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The position establishes, maintains, and communicates standards for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the enterprise's databases and warehouses. Collaborates with business to drive data ownership, monitor/audit data quality and controls, and adopt emerging data solutions to support business domain systems and processes. Confer as needed with other teams to plan database conversion projects, or to establish large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises. Guide or provide assistance to enterprise projects or operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more efficient use of data resources. Research, assess, and report use of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as needs change and corporate platforms develop.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Mentor or provide coaching to less experienced staff to ensure adherence to enterprise policies, procedures and team processes
- Confer with management and lead staff of client units that are large users of corporate data to determine the kinds of analyses, reports, or mining/warehousing functionality they will need.
- Acquire from unit staff and from clients concerns about data quality, form in which it is available, linkages to other datasets and the like, and develop internal standards and procedures to address these concerns.
- Review processes within unit that affect formatting, entry, quality control and standardized uses of data to identify inefficiencies, needs for training, or ways in which corporate or departmental standards need to be better communicated.
- Conduct consultations or training in business units regarding standardized or best practice ways of capturing, formatting and structuring data that will go into corporate databases.
- Confer on data management projects regarding data meaning, understanding and usage, standardized data tables to be used, standard data management tools to be used, and quality standards to be applied.
- Confer with database administrators, data warehouse management and other department staff regarding data retention policies, current system architecture and how it interacts with data management issues, and represent corporate standards and best practice.
- Survey market and professional affiliations for current best practice in data management and convey to colleagues and clients.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Accounting, Business, Computer Science or Finance
8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Strong Consulting and Project Management skills
Ability to manage organized meetings with clear purpose and well-defined take-aways
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to support change management and issue resolution.
Ability to solve complex problems independently when developing solutions
Ability to juggle multiple activities and tight timelines
Comfort in working closely with management at various levels Preferred Skills
Able to work independently and effectively with staff and management at all levels and across divisions
Adept at building strong relationships with team members and business and IT partners
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57627