Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate under general supervision in performing a variety of routine operational or administrative activities related to recruiting new employees. Administer defined procedures, perform research and analyses requested by other talent acquisition staff, and other ad hoc assignments.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide administrative support to talent acquisition partners by posting open positions to approved job boards and internet sites.
- Provide candidates with information on the company and the hiring process, as well as provide follow-up correspondence and status updates via phone and email.
- Facilitate travel arrangements and coordinate day of interview logistics for candidate and hiring managers. Follow up with the related administrative and operational aspects of employment, such as completing of health, employment, and insurance forms, notifying various department of employee's starting date.
- Assist with internal candidate management and review employee referral applicants to ensure employees are communicated to with status updates in a timely manner.
- Perform ongoing data entry, track resumes, and maintain the resume database / ATS. Assist with writing job descriptions, interview guides and employment ads.
- Identify opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency.
- Prepare offer letters for internal and external candidates.
- Monitor and track all diversity initiatives.
- Prepare metrics for monthly reporting.
- Assist in the coordination of other recruiting as needed.
Education Level Required
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 0-2 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to execute processes consistently and efficiently, with a focus on operational discipline, exceptional customer service skills and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple deliverables and deadlines.
- Experience working in a team environment, either in school or through other work experience.
- Strong Excel/Microsoft Outlook skills
- Some Human Resources or Recruiting experience preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57610