Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage a team engaged in preparing and reviewing monthly tax provisions, estimated taxes, and tax returns. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to preparing monthly and quarterly tax provisions, the quarterly tax reserve, and/or tax filings with sufficient documentation and referencing. Monitor and evaluate changing reserve requirements. Update management.
- Plan, review, analyze, and/or prepare tax data and reports to ensure compliance.
- Review, establish, and monitor business requirements to implement tax rule changes. Communicate to management. Ensure implementation of required changes.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from auditors, consultants, and other parties. Track requests and manage team response. Document explanations. Provide updates to management.
- Advise management regarding business, internal programs, and activities as they relate to tax matters.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong knowledge of tax code and compliance process for corporations
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57602