Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes. Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Propose new risk indicators for senior staff/management approval and implementation. Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
Master, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
2-4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and stored procedures
- Demonstrated experience with both Unix and Windows scripting
- Must have significant experience with database ETL services/tools (specific SSIS experience is a plus)
- Experience with Autosys job scheduling
- Knowledge of mortgage finance, specifically, loan lifecycle
- Prior work with time-series data, able to clean, manipulate, and merge multiple populations/time frames
- Exploratory data analysis (reverse engineer results/reports/target state)
- Data reconciliation (profile mapping for financial instruments from one source to another)
- Statistical language experience (i.e. R/SAS/Python) preferred
- Data reporting tools experience in Tableau preferred
- Ability to work well in a large cross-functional environment with multiple business and technical stakeholders
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills supporting Agile team dynamics and timelines
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57599