Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Capital Markets – Pricing Technology team in Herndon, VA is currently searching for a Software Engineer with a passion for building customer-centric applications and take part in the Digital Transformation Initiatives for one of our Flagship products.
This group is responsible for building and deploying cutting-edge technologies to solve some of the mortgage industry’s most complex problems. To achieve that, they are leveraging the best products in the open-source community, developing their own tools, and continually improving their products and practices over time through rapid iteration cycles.
KEY JOB FUNCTION
- In an Agile environment, participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing and in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Serve as system subject matter expert
- Execute problem solving skills in troubleshooting issues and maintenance of large scale applications.
- Contribute to test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of related experience
- At least 3 years' experience in software engineering using core Java, server-side Java technologies - Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Cloud
- Strong understanding of all tiers and especially the middle-tier.
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns and data structures
- Experience with Webservices (REST/SOAP) and data formats like JSON and XML.
- Experience in Agile software development methods such as Scrum preferred.
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting is a plus.
- Experience with SVN (Subversion), GitHub, Eclipse/STS, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of relational Databases, Oracle SQL, stored procedures required.
Preferred or Bonus skills
- Experience with AWS Native Services like ELB, S3, Lambda, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Microservices Development
- Experience with CI/CD and Scaled Agile
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, Backbone, and/or React (bonus)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57531