Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Conduct analyses or studies on effects of different economic conditions on the company's products, assets, or investments. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their prospective effect on the markets in which the company's goods or service trade. Collaborate on product development, risk management, financial management and capital market projects and exercises with economic analysis and projections. May represent the company in trade associations, professional groups, or to the public.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct economic research on public, proprietary, or lender data to assess trends or patterns in lending, borrowing, and the models used by the company to assess risk or assign risk management policies.
- Provide macroeconomic data and interpretation on home prices, home inventories, regional trends and the like, both within organization and to lenders, originators, insurers, and the like.
- Perform research and analytics on proprietary system(s) and related issues, and develop new models for understanding and predicting housing market activity that can affect lenders, investors, and the organization.
- Production of analyses supporting corporate management and business unit management. Areas of research include credit profile, loan performance, volume trend, loss mitigation, REO, housing market trend, and general economic conditions.
- Using public and proprietary data, assess risks in particular regions, asset classes, types of lenders or borrowers, and the like. Prepare analyses and reports as appropriate.
- Conduct broad-based economic research and reading and prepare articles, digests, and reports for business unit management, specialty publications, clients, and the public.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred
Master, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred
Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or applicable scientific field
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Minimum of 3 years of industry experience with machine learning and data analytics
PhD or MSc in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics or applicable scientific field with substantial expertise in image processing
Strong understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts/approaches, such as classification and clustering, image segmentation and object detection techniques
Experience in deep learning frameworks such as MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch
Familiarity in Computer Vision and image processing libraries, such as OpenCV, scikit-learn,and Keras
Solid Python and C++ programming background
Familiarity with AWS cloud services related to AI/ML
Outstanding oral and written communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57495