Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Join the Enterprise Modeling and Analytics (EMA) team to deliver the next generation of modeling applications to the AWS cloud. Utilize latest technology such as big data and machine learning to deliver insight to better understand market, credit and operational risk. Develop strategy, lead development teams and help transform existing capabilities to target state by delivering state of the art solutions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Work on a transformational effort to modernize the modeling application architecture around Microservices and APIs and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful Microservices and APIs in an AWS cloud environment. Must be able to understand the financial models and the business functions. Define and refactor the modeling application on the legacy platform to a cloud-based service-oriented architecture. Must have complete lifecycle experience in developing and delivering complex Microservices solutions across multiple technologies and the AWS cloud platform.
•Serve as SME and Lead solutions engineer for an Agile team and actively participate in Agile development methodologies and processes
•Provide optimal solutions and help improve performance of our tech stack and environment on the AWS cloud.
•Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
•Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
•Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
•Respond to support calls and troubleshoot critical issues for application in production when needed.
•Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis, application of analysis/design engineering functions, applications of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc,. advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
•Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 8+ years of related experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• At least 8 years experience in software engineering using Object Oriented languages such as Java, C++, and/or Python.
• Expert in AWS cloud architecture and operations
• Designing and implementing software solutions using the microservices architecture pattern.
• Experience in RESTful services implementation, understanding the REST/JSON vocabulary.
• Proficiency in SQL, relational and noSQL databases, query optimization and data modeling.
Nice to have
• Experience working in teams operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology.
• Experience with working with financial or scientific modeling software applications.
• Experience with DevOps principles and operations.
• Experience with compute-intensive analytics and technical computing workload solutions.
• Experience in the financial services industry, especially a background in risk management, is a plus.
• Must be a self-starter and motivate to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities.
• Proactive, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills. Must be able to define problem space as well as potential solutions.
• Must be able to work independently and create own work plans to follow-up and accomplish large, unstructured tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a collaborative environment.
Req ID: 57493