Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate under general supervision in performing a broad range of duties related to financial business transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, budget, expense reimbursement, disbursements, receipts, sales and use tax, and/or employee benefits. Recommend action to resolve discrepancies. Compile data and prepare a variety of reports. May have lead responsibility.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Verify, sort, post, and check claims, bills, invoices, vouchers, and other financial data. May be responsible for posting and maintaining a series of accounts.
- Post journal or voucher entries, reconcile accounts, and closes ledgers. Ensure that entries are complete, accurate, logical, and auditable.
- Reconcile bank and financial statements and reports.
- Assist with trial balances.
- Ensure quality customer service by responding to e-mails and phone calls. Research customer inquiries.
- Ensure adherence to laws and regulations.
- Maintain records and files.
- Perform analyses and reviews of data.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in Accounts Payable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Effective communication skills with internal business units and external suppliers
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57490