Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Credit Risk Analyst III within Multifamily Risk Management will develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Mortgage industry experience including one or more of the following areas: multifamily underwriting, quality control and risk management, origination, processing and servicing management.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae Multifamily’ s Delegated Underwriting and Servicing program.
- Ability to leverage commercial real estate and risk management experience to evaluate the effectiveness of multifamily risk management functions.
- Capable of reviewing data, identifying trends, and presenting findings or recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain diplomacy and tact, as well as invite diverse perspectives, in all interactions with stakeholders; including officers, senior management, internal and external auditors and regulators.
- Has a sense of curiosity, probes all sources for answers, sees and anticipates hidden problems, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop when obstacles appear.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; must have experience communicating and collaborating cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and business units.
- Adept with the ability to work in an environment with constant change.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57475